Sourcebook: Eclectic Style
Eclectic design is all about the mixture. It is tough to choose an individual item and state,”That is diverse.” (even though it’s not impossible, as you’ll see.) Eclectic is all about putting pieces together in an area that contradict and juxtapose another without competing or overshadowing. This appearance doesn’t feel as designed as a traditional space, but it’s still harmonious. Below are a few ideas for choosing bits which have the potential to be diverse, but the mix is up to you.
Related: So Your Style is: Eclectic
Cost Plus World Market
Multicolored Ikat Toss Pillow – $24.99
A neutral sofa can place on diverse airs with a mixture of daring and patterned cushions. Adhere to a loose color palette when mixing and matching, or move for a devil-may-care strategy and throw a lot of colors to the mixture. (For that appearance, actually pile’em on.)
• Brightly colored pillows abound at World Market.
• I am always sending clients to Etsy for affordable cushions.
• Browse plenty of cushions in the Products section
Telephone Keys Wallet Rug – $18
Quirky conversation pieces add an entirely new layer of interest to your own design. It could be a lamp, funny thing, piece of artwork or even a rug.
• Find this and other tongue-in-cheek designs in Urban Outfitters.
• Fun and diverse pieces for entertaining could be found in Orange and Pear.
• Check local antiques stores or garage sales for one-of-a-kind bits which make you smile (such as a wacky cookie jar).
Shoppe By Amber Interiors
Rug 4 – $280
Using classic rugs can be a excellent way to add an eclectic vibe to your room. Even if the carpet is a little too small (true antiques frequently aren’t in contemporary standard sizes), layering it on a natural-fiber rug such as jute or sisal can create an intriguing combination.
• Find this and other rugs in the Shoppe From Amber Interiors.
• Locate a rotating choice of classic rugs at Furbish Studio.
• Browse Kilim Rugs (not all antiques, but lots of cool stuff).
Unusual upholstery may quickly turn a fairly basic bit into something diverse. Choose a totally different style of cloth from the style of the chair (here, you see a rustic quilt cloth on a really modern silhouette ).
• Shop this appearance at Elte.
• An unexpected shot of color provides exactly the exact same impact, as in bits from Horchow.
• You can find this effect with almost any chair: simply have it reupholstered. Shop Lewis and Sheron cloths such as ideas.
Room & Board
Portica Canopy Bed – $1,399
I like to keep big-ticket items impartial, even at an eclectic space. With a simple bed it is possible to get a lot of different appearances with bedding, art, rugs and even a canopy if you receive a canopy bed such as this one — perfect for somebody who probably enjoys to alter it up.
• Get this and other simple designs in Room & Board.
• you are able to discover great essential fashions at PBteen.
• The basic fashions at Ikea are just begging for some customization with bedding.
Moroccan Leather Pouf – AUD 199
Eclectic design is not afraid to borrow heavily from cultural influences. While of course bringing home pieces from the world travels is the ideal, it’s not frowned on to receive the vibe through the Tnternet. Begin with a pair of Moroccan poufs and work your way around the world.
• Table Tonic has a great pouf (and kilim) selection.
• Locate African kuba fabric at Wisteria.
• The Loaded Trunk has a massive choice of Mexican coverlets.
Lola Accent Table by Arteriors Home – $575
Interesting accent pieces paired create for a great diverse layout. If you would like to play it safe with all the primary bits (sofa, etc.), small tables can be a terrific way to add an eclectic look to your furniture.
• Shop these brightly colored tables (and lots more) in Tonic Home.
• You will find tons of accent tables to sift through on Overstock.
• A fun range of tables are located in AllModern.
sarah & bendrix
More: Guides to diverse design
Tell us Is the personality diverse? Share photos and tips below!