In 2011, we found a great deal of kitchens that played with colour and texture in tile and fabrics. Designers have creative with storage solutions and working with small spaces. Kitchens as part of great rooms have been popular, too. Bold lighting fixtures were a must, however simple and traditional cabinetry was still existing in every kitchen fashion. Take a peek at Houzzers’ treasured kitchen photographs, then tell us: What’s your favorite?
More Readers’ Choice winners of 2011:
Bedrooms | Baths | Offices | Living Bathrooms | Patios | Kids’ Bathrooms | Laundry Rooms
1. This New York kitchen was added to many ideabooks for its unique mixture of texture and colour. Matte grey cabinetry, industrial lighting fittings, walnut work surfaces, plus a steel and exposed timber drop-down table all play to some natural colour palette, whereas timeless Kartell Mademoiselle Chairs include a pop of color and pattern.
Venegas and Company
2. Folks continue to be enjoying black-and-white kitchens. A black island provides drama , without getting too overpowering, while timeless white subway tile and modern pendant lights keep the room looking fresh.
Artisan Kitchens Inc..
3. There are a lot of great built-in storage thoughts within this adorable seaside kitchen. The dog dish is a particularly clever storage alternative that keeps dog dishes out of the way and prevents your pet puppies from knocking over their food! The dog drawer bones above hold treats and food, and tagged heavy drawers to the right of the island are packaged with treats for all these lucky pups’ owners.
Charlie & Co.. Design, Ltd
4. Multipurpose rooms that are spacious, flexible, and operational were all the rage this season. Possessing a spacious kitchen and dining room is a great way to combine two spaces that serve similar purposes, and makes for a ideal entertaining area, too.
Battle Associates, Architects
5. The arched entryway and display cabinets are what attracted readers for this kitchen. Glass doors on each side of cabinetry allows light come through. Contemporary pot racks include more storage and enhance the design of the kitchen.
6. The glass pendants above the slick island within this modern kitchen caught the eye of many Houzz users. A stunning palette of black, white, gray and navy combine in rich finishes and textures to make a gorgeous and daring area.
Rebekah Zaveloff | KitchenLab
7. While we saw fewer of these this season, all-white kitchens continue to be available on many wish lists. We love the clean appearance of the off-white subway tile within this kitchen, making the glowing white cabinetry and trim stand out.
Kitchens & Baths, Linda Burkhardt
8. Smart storage solutions drew Houzz users to the timeless East Coast kitchen. The pull-out pantry includes an amazing amount of storage and tucks away with ease. It is a wonderful solution for anyone who doesn’t have enough room to build out a walk-in cupboard.
LDa Architecture & Interiors
9. Iridescent backsplash tiles give this kitchen a little bit of glamour for this very simple kitchen. A mixture of modern and traditional finishes gives it a exceptional appearance people fell in love with.
Redbud Custom Homes
10. This kitchen combines a number of traditional elements subtle enough to keep the room still looking fresh and current. Wood surfaces warm up the distance, and subscribers loved the sage-green subway tile counter tops.
11. Houzz users were enchanted by the soothing grey and white tones within this kitchen — the tiled backsplash instantly catches the eye. Nonetheless, what our readers really loved was the open shelving above the sink. It is a simple solution to get a tiny bit of extra kitchen storage, and permits the kitchen to still feel open and light.
The Kitchen Studio of Glen Ellyn
12. We saw lots of amazing butcher block islands this season, exactly like the one in this kitchen that made the top-20 list. Not only is this a functional countertop surface, but it is going to wear beautifully with age. We love the way that it warms up this distance and contrasts with the white cabinetry and granite counters.
Atmosphere Interior Design Inc..
13. Readers were enjoying industrial pendants in every style of kitchen this past year. We saw photos of these pendants in modern, traditional, and contemporary kitchens all around the world. This modern kitchen in Canada used three of these pendants to light the island’s white counter tops. A black-and-gray mosaic tiled backsplash provides a sense of texture and pattern to contrast with the streamlined cabinetry.
Dijeau Poage Construction
14. Here, a comparable kind of pendant is used at a classically designed white kitchen. Houzz readers loved the comparison of the white subway tile backsplash and white marble counters, as well as the convenient island sink.
Cameo Kitchens, Inc..
15. Many of the same details in the previous kitchen are integrated into this area, but using a much more conventional touch. The coffered ceilings have been a huge hit with Houzz readers, as well as the custom wood hood along with ornately carved mantle.
Charlie & Co.. Design, Ltd
16. Here’s another open kitchen that Houzz users loved. The modern design of the kitchen and built-in dining room area is minimalistic, but still comfy. Houzz users loved the use of textiles int his distance, and the hot wood grain.
17. This all-white kitchen includes a timeless appearance with a slightly feminine design people adore. The combination of the paneled cabinetry, marble counters, and timeless pendants make a tasteful and controlled appearance.
John Maniscalco Architecture
18. Occasionally modern kitchens may come across as cold, but subscribers adore this hot twist on minimalistic modern design. A Carrara marble counter tops and backsplash are warmed up with chocolate brown cabinetry and rustic-looking wood and iron barstools.
Joel Kelly Design
19. The show-stopping lighting fixture within this area made it a must-see for Houzz users. The stunning chandelier makes a bold statement, also stands out agains the blank, black cabinetry.
Schrader & Companies
20. The exposed wood beams within this kitchen captured the eyes of Houzz users searching for kitchen inspiration. The huge 12-foot granite island is the perfect spot for food preparation, and has a lot of room for entertaining functions.
Have your say: Which of these top kitchens is the favorite?
See the most popular kitchen photos on Houzz